Once GuiWeb® has set up your Event Registrar system, you'll want to create your administrators, begin creating courses and activate classes. We will establish your top admin. After that, the top administrator needs to create the sub administrators and set their permissions.
This User Manual addresses all modules associated with the Event Registrar system. You may add functionality that your system does not have. If you would like to upgrade your system, contact GuiWeb®.
Reporting problems - Most of the reported errors are simply users that are not familiar with ER. We ask that you first consult this user manual to see if the program is performing as designed; you possibly have overlooked something. A good place to start is your permissions. You may not have the ability to edit, update or view a portion of the program because your administrator has not granted you that ability. Also, your institution may not have a particular module offered and covered in this help manual.
Some commonly used terms in Event Registrar:
- Courses - Courses include everything relating to a complete course. This includes the course name and any content relating to that course such as any online course content, tests and instructor assigned assignments, workbooks and gradebooks.
- Classes - After you have "activated" a course, it becomes a "class". You may have several class instances that are the same course. For example, you may create "Math 101" as a course and offer it 3 different times on your course calendar. Each instance of the course is called a class. If each instance of "Math 101" has different content, you may want to create different courses for each one and name them "Math 101a, Math 101b and Math 101c" respectively.
- Course Activation - You can create courses and have them in your database but students can not register for these courses until you have activated them as classes.
- Transactions - Transactions are payment profiles created when a student is granted access to a class whether by signing up via the web or given access by admin. In the transaction profile, you will see all payment details.
- Student Profiles - Student Profiles will show you all information about any student in your database. Admin can enter student profiles or a student may create one by registering. Students can register without signing up for any classes. For security reasons, we recommend that students set up their own profiles. Because the student chooses his/her own username and password, this ensures complete confidentiality.
- Transcripts - Transcripts show administrators a students final grade of any class.
- Gradebooks - Gradebooks are accessed by instructors and show the grades of every assignment given by the instructor for that class including workbooks and assignments.
- Workbooks - Workbooks can only be created by instructors. Workbooks are assignments that may include content and quizes and can be accessed only by students that have signed up to take that class.
- Rosters - Rosters will show a list of students that participated in any given class.
More terms will be discussed in their respective sections throughout this guide. The help manual is divided into three areas; admin, instructor, and student. The help manual that pertains to your area of interest is accessible from within that section of the program. If you are a professor, the help manual regarding professors and instructors is accessed from your professor home page. If you are a student, it is a link on your student home page and admin help is available in the admin area.
If your question is still unanswered, enter a trouble ticket. You must create a user account to enter a trouble ticket. After you've created your user account, you simply need to log in to provide future trouble tickets.
For security reasons, do not forget to log out every time you are finished with your admin session.
GuiWeb® Help Desk